1. Sure, it's been a week, but, having finally seen They Might Be Giants in the flesh, I'm of the opinion that the newer TMBG is far better than the old one–they actually sound like a legit rock act now, rather than two guys with an accordion and a drum machine. Not as "quirky" as they once were, but it's been exchanged for being legitimately good.
2. Much as the Perseus Project databases are hyperuseful for philogical studies (seriously, click on a word and it'll give you the definition from Liddel & Scott, how many times it appears in Plato, how much it appears in Greek as a whole, how much lime it likes in its gin & tonic, etc.), it is a pain to copy and paste text from Perseus to Word, since "that most miserable of all word processors," as Msgr. Sokolowski puts it, likes to keep hyperlinks as hyperlinks. It's a pain in the butt to go through every single link, tell Word that, in fact, it's not misspelled, then go through the process of turning the thing off so I don't get underlined grey text when I turn the thing in. Grrrr. It's Attic Greek, not misspelled!
3. Come 12 December at noon, when my last final is over, I'm pretty much gonna collapse. Then worry about Christmas shopping. I should probably worry about that sooner, but I'm chained to my computer by Evil Satanic Papers of Death.
4. Being "perfect" is really, really strange. Studying Thomas Aquinas on God's ideas brings this out–God is weird. Really weird. There's a lot of stuff they didn't teach you in Sunday School, primarily because it's so very, very strange.
5. I think I would be better off yelling "God Is Dead" at the top of my lungs in the middle of the Pryz then admitting to being a sacramental memorialist (that is, it's still just wheat and Welches, no matter how many times you wave your hands over it) who doesn't particularly like Aristotle in Aquinas Hall.
6. Is it a bad thing when my computer underlines half of my correctly-spelled words in red because it doesn't recognize them? When does my native language stop being English and change to Philosopher?
ηκουον: Rime Of The Ancient Mariner - Iron Maiden - Powerslave